piątek, 16 kwietnia 2010

Google Wave

One of the purposes of writing this blog was to reflect on different new media tools. The new tool, I have been using recently is Google Wave.I started to use it as a means of communication for the collaborative research project for New Media and Society. Honestly, I got used to different communication tools like skype, facebook chat, gmail chat, or gadu-gadu (polish communicator). However, since I am almost always satisfied with google tools (I adore gmail, google chrome, and google maps), I decided to give a chance to this one.I have attached this movie to shortly explain you what google wave is about:


Few words about my experience with google wave.
First of all, and it is always important for me, is the design. For me-perfect. Just take a look :)
Secondly, this tool is based on so called "waves". These are the topics u establish and invite people to discuss them. What is more, on these waves u may upload some files. However, you have to know exactly during which moment of conversation the file was uploaded. There is no place, no folder for uploaded files.What I did not like about google. wave was the fact that the information about new wave was sent with delay to my gmail. It works really slow- even writing waves.Unfortunately, this google tool is not so popular among my friends- I used it only for academic purposes and it was rather another nicely organized ibox for me. However, there are many extenstions to google wave, which I have not had a chance to use yet, like for example pollo gadget for conducting surveys. I hope to have more chances to try some of them.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz